UPDATE: The Contest is now over, thank you to everyone who entered! View the submissions here: http://tinywars-artwork.deviantart.com/gallery/60134934/2016-Fan-Art-Contest-CLOSED
Be sure to follow us for future contest!
We have received a lot of amazing fan art since we began development of the TinyWars project. We figured we should give back to the community that has made this project so much fun to be a part of.
HOW TO ENTER
- Submit your artwork to the TinyWars Official DeviantArt group. You can do this by uploading the artwork to your DeviantArt account and adding it to the DeviantArt group after it has been successfully uploaded to your account.
In the sidebar of your DeviantArt deviation, you can select “add to a group” and find the TinyWars official Art Group called: “TinyWars-Artwork”
Please make sure you select the proper folder to submit to: 2016 Fan Art Contest
- IMPORTANT: Make sure you include “TinyWars” somewhere in the title of the submission so it can be easily found. In the description also include: “Submission for the TinyWars 2016 Fan Art Competition. For more information click here: http://tinywarsgame.com/2016/08/26/tinywars-fan-art-competition-2016-now-open/”
- Click here to see the DeviantArt group
- You can submit one fan art per day to the group! Artwork must be created during the submission period, no old artwork. (In order to be fair for artists of all skill levels, everyone should create the artwork within the same time frame.)
- LIKE us on Facebook or sign up for our Newsletter to be notified when the winners are announced!
In order to encourage participation, there will be 5 total winners for this contest! This way more artists can have a chance at winning the prizes. Of course we will have a category for the best overall artwork, however there will be other categories that one can not simply win by having the “best” art skills.
1. Best Overall Artwork
Several members from the TinyWars artwork team will judge the submissions and select the one that contains the best overall display of artistic ability and skill. There will only be one (1) winner in this category.
2. Best Fit for the “Tiny” Theme
TinyWars isn’t just about cute girls, but cute girls who are tiny! Artwork which integrates with the theme of “tiny” and successfully shows an understanding of the core themes of TinyWars will be eligible for this category. There will only be two (2) winners from this category.
3. Most Unique Style
A submission which demonstrates a clear use of unique style, from hand drawn artwork to a stylistic approach, not all fan arts need to be “anime style.” A submission that clearly demonstrates stylistic mastery will be eligible for this category. There will only be one (1) winner from this category.
4. Creators Pick
The creator of TinyWars will personally view and select a submission that has not been chosen in the previous categories as the fifth and final winner. There will only be one (1) winner from this category.
Each winner will receive one limited edition Amy wallscroll!
References and Resources
Name of the Characters From Left to Right
- Kim, 2. Amy, 3. Mary, 4. (Older Sister), 5. Suzu, 6. Kumo, and 7. Eve!
Submissions may contain more than one character, please feel free to use these reference images to better illustrate your fan art!
Character Description: Kim is a fire witch who uses a secret magic to produce fire attacks. Her wand is composed of what appears to be a ladybug attached to a hairpin, attached to a match stick. It seems as if whenever the ladybug flaps its wings, the match begins it ignite a powerful flame. Kim is a powerful, mischievous, and stunning witch. Her age is estimated to be between 16 – 18 years old.
Character Description: Amy is one of two sisters who live in the Candy Castle (Pictured below). She is a fun loving girl who has a lot to learn about the world, but her outlook is positive and happy. Her age is estimated anywhere between 14 – 16.
About the Candy Kingdom: The Candy Castle or Kingdom is a large (~2 feet) sand castle found new the ocean (pond). The servants of the Candy Castle are ants who gather candy from distant lands and hoard it in the candy castle candy room. The Kingdom sells these candies through the tiny world and produces its own candies in the castle.
Character Description: Mary is the main character of TinyWars, she is the most important character in the game! Her story is a bit mysterious, however what we do know is that she is the leader of the group and she is very bossy. Sometimes she gets angry easily and can throw tempter tantrums, however for the most part she is very confident that she can take on the world, both tiny and the big world! Her age is estimated to be 16 years old.
Old Sister References
Character Description: Old Sister lives in the Candy Castle with her little sister, Amy. She is often seen sleeping and lazing around while her little sister does all the work. She even gets the ants to bring things to her because she’s so lazy! Her age is estimated to be between 19 – 21 years old. She is in charge of defenses at the Candy Castle and operates a gumball canon. Why does this character not have a name? Because naming characters is really hard and she is not exactly a “main” character in this story.
Character Description: Suzu is the oldest girl in the group. She is Mary’s guardian and sometimes acts as a motherly figure for all the girls. She is the most mature one in the group. Her melee attacks are very powerful! Her age is estimated to be between 23 – 26.
Character Description: Kumo is a mysterious potion maker who is found inside the walls of the House World (pictured below). Her button eye patch and her love for spiders makes her an interesting girl. However her years of living in seclusion in the House World has caused her to become an incredibly awkward girl. She is clumsy at times, socially awkward and shy, but once she gets in the mode to make potions, her true personality comes out.
Character Description: Trouble maker.
Official Contest Rules, Terms & Conditions
- In no way is this competition sponsored by, or affiliated with DeviantArt, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media platform.
- There will be a total of five (5) unique winners. No single person may win more than once in this competition. (Has been extended to 7)
- Users may submit more than one submission, however please limit submissions to once per day.
- We reserve the right to revoke an entry/entrant for any reason.
- Entrant agrees to license non-exclusively, the right for TinyWars (and Bizurk Software) to post on social media, announcements, website or any other media, and anywhere on the worldwide web, submissions made to this competition.
- Submissions must be submitted to the TinyWars-Artwork DeviantArt group.
- The submission entry period is 8/25/16 – 9/12/16. Submissions must be made before midnight on 9/12/16. (Has been extended to 9/19/16)
- In no way will TinyWars, its sponsors, affiliates, employees, owners or the aforementioned sponsors/promoters of this giveaway, members, affiliates, or any other organization be responsible for any loss of property, special or incidental damages, injury or death, arising from or relating to this giveaway/contest or the prize.
- Under no circumstance will anyone employed by or working under with the aforementioned sponsors, TinyWars, or promoters be eligible for winning a prize in this contest.
- Winner will be announced within 2 weeks after the end of the submission period. Winner is responsible for contacting us and claiming their prize.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to check social media posts and announcements regarding this giveaway/contest, updates, and winner(s)
- If winner does not claim their prize, a new winner may be selected, or the prize may be distributed to someone else.
- Winner agrees to allow the host of the giveaway to announce his or her full real name on the web, public, or any other medium, so that the winner may claim his or her prize.
- Contest is open to United States residents as well as international entrants.
- If the cost to ship prize internationally exceeds the value of $6 USD, the winner may be asked to pay for the shipping of the prize. Shipping for United States residents will be free.
- The official contact page regarding all inquiries or prize claiming should be made here: http://tinywarsgame.com/contact/
- These rules may be subject to change without notice*